Friday 15 April 2011

The present perfect( practice)

1 / Use Past Simple or Present Perfect
1.     I (buy) a new dress last month, but I (not wear) it yet.
2.    She (already see) this play. She (see) it when she was in New York.
3.    ‘When you (meet) Jane?’ ‘I (meet) her two days ago.
4.    Peter (live) in Greece for the last three years. He (live) in Africa before he (go) to Greece.
5.    I (just have) my breakfast. I (finish) it ten minutes ago.
6.    I (make) ten mistakes in my dictation today. Yesterday I (only make) two mistakes.
7.    I (never play) underwater hockey in my life, but I (play) ice hockey when I was a child.

2 / Choose the best option:
1. I __ your sister at the supermarket.
a) saw             b) have seen
2. I __ an interesting book at the library yesterday.
a) found         b) have found
3. Sue __ a new sports convertible.
a) bought       b) has bought
4. The kids __ in the backyard all morning.
a) played        b) have played
5. How can you be so stupid? You __ the keys in the car!
a) locked        b) have locked
3 /  Fill in the blanks  with “just- already - yet”
1) I have ________ finished washing up. My hands are stil wet and cold.
2) My father  _______ gone out. If you shout she can hear.
3) We haven’t covered the books ________.
4) Selen has ________ got up. She will be late for the school.
5) We have ________ done the shopping. I will cook in a few minutes.
6) Hakan hasn’t studied for the exam ________.
7) Ali has ________ had his breakfast. He is full now.
8) I have ________ drunk two cups of coffee. So I don’t want anymore.
9) She has ________ got up. Now she is washing her hands and face.
10) Have you cooked the meal ________ ?
11) We have ________ watered the flowers. Everwhere is wet.
12) Alkan hasn’t tidied his room ________.

No comments:

Post a Comment